Friday, April 30, 2010

Bitter

Hello world.

I'm going a little crazy. Summer was here, but now it's in hiding. Boo. It's not that I don't absolutely love the overcast sky, or the soft drizzly rain - - on the contrary. But I am a cold-blooded thing, and have a very difficult time functioning when it's 60 degrees in my apartment.

However, despite the freezing temperatures that refuse to depart, I still manage to get things done. Like hikes to the hot springs and vegetarian lunches.

A recent preoccupation with The Shins (oh, James Mercer) has stirred an acute desire to comprehend time and fate. So I meander around in the mountains, hoping to stumble over an answer to a question I don't think I could even verbalize.

Dinner on Tuesday made me realize how much I absolutely adore my family. Other people, though, that's a different story.

As for media, this week I'm wrapping myself up in Indie-folk and Isaac Russell. The Men Who Stare At Goats was fantastic, if a little rushed towards the end. And to top it all off, I've begun to wade through Joyce's Ulysses. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to find a copy of Coetzee's Waiting for the Barbarians.

People people people. Does the key to self lie in the other, or vice versa?

1 comment:

  1. Is there no heat in your apartment?! No wonder you love the hot springs! It was so great to see you the other night! I know that you are a cool hippie, college student and I am just a boring old lady mom, but I sure wish we saw you and your fam a whole lot more... we sure do like you guys!

    ReplyDelete