Monday, February 15, 2010

Cruelty

1 AM, and my sleep schedule is once again off. I feel like this particular moment would be one of those, "Oh eff," sort of moments, had not these moments become so frequent in the past few weeks that they've lost their effect. Woe, woe is me - but not to an extreme degree. Woe is unbecoming.

My brain has been going in hyper-speed lately. I don't know why. And even though my fingers tick across the keys as fast as possible, it seems only a ticking of seconds - time trickling away so much quicker and taking all semblances of reason along. So I'm left with tired fingers that can't dance anymore, and a page of breaths that sang yesterday and weep tonight.

Isn't it funny when the sky reflects your mood? Sickly hollow, and hollowing; I'm snakeskin and thistles.

But . . . The original purpose of this post . . . It's a song I love.

I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment