Friday, June 12, 2009

Dribblings

"Without you, today's emotions would be the scurf of yesterday's."
-Amelie Poulain, Amelie

I picked up the violin today. I am determined to tame the wild, unruly potential that resides therein. Sheer determination is the thing that is keeping me going. She's a beautiful instrument. I want the tones that come from her to be beautiful, too. Musik ist eine Sprache. Ich werde üben.

I've gone on hikes up to the waterfalls for the last 5 days. I love walking alone, because I can get wrapped up in my thoughts. I need no company. Sometimes I listen to my i-Pod, sometimes I listen to the birds. Both are marvelous.

I am becoming incredibly aware of my body and its limitations and power; and I love it. It is nothing short of thrilling to me that such elegance and strength is mine to own. Singularly mine. Each muscle is mine, each drop of blood, each tiny cell. For the first time in my life I am truly comprehending that I am a temple. A glorious, functioning temple.

Also, I'm learning to skip stones. I'm getting fairly good at it. Today, one of them skipped four times straight across the pond. It was so beautiful.

I take so much delight from the simple things around me.

3 comments:

  1. Nice quote... what does 'scurf' mean?:) Das ist ein gut post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ich liebe dich, Amy.

    "Scurf" is an icky, scaly covering or leftover. I think it's wonderfully descriptive. It's a great movie, and all in French, too! Definitely one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I just discovered you have a blog by looking at the old comments on my blog posts I missed and following yours back here. Indeed, I intend to follow it.
    It sounds like you are having a wonderful summer. I like discovering things in the summertime, exploring, wandering.
    An exhortation: please do continue to be awesome. It brings joy to my heart. :)

    ReplyDelete