Sunday, June 20, 2010

GOAL!

Wow. These last couple of weeks have been life-changing. Or rather, motivational to make some sort of change. I'm embracing counter-culture. I am living for the music of the moment. Hipster, Hippie, call me what you will; I am happy.

Sadly, though, I think I'm lacking a lot of direction. I'm full of this jittery energy that keeps spilling into nothing. So, here are a list of goals - things that I want to do - because by writing them, I validate them. Watch me go:

1. Continue with the vegan-ness. At the end of the month, reevaluate vegetarianism.

2. Write a song. Stop just screwing around with my guitar and make something performable at open-mic night.

3. Draw/Paint something to be proud of. Hang it up in my new room.

4. Conquer the UTA system. Make it up to SLC and eat at One World.

5. Find something decent at DI. Change it.

6. Write letters. Stop being so reliant on technology.

7. In the same vein: 15 minutes of computer time a day. Facebook doesn't own me.

8. Keep up the hour of yoga every day. Imitate Bryan Kest in everyday life.

9. Learn more about Buddhism. Go beyond Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Riding.

10. Get out of Utah. Hop a train to Oregon.

11. Tell people how amazing they are. Stop waiting around for them to talk first.

12. Hug more. All you need is love.

13. Buy a cycle. Scratch that - buy two cycles: one bi- and one motor-

14. Go green. Walk to work (and, again, conquer UTA).

15. Let people go. Clean out address books usw.

16. Learn Spanish and French. Practice practice practice.

17. Explore Neo-Psych . . . Man.

18. Buy a camera. Take photos and shake 'em like Polaroids.

19. Research med schools. Change major?

20. Visit HBLL twice a week. Pick a floor and area at random, and find one book on something completely new.

That's all I've got for now. I'll think up more later.

So much to do!

1 comment:

  1. Quite the list! You have more ambition in your pinky finger than I do in my entire body. Med school?! Not bad, Tana... not, bad.

    ReplyDelete