Sunday, June 27, 2010

Payson

It's funny what life throws at you. I took Claudio in for his yearly Safety and Emissions inspection, and it turns out that he's got a broken motor mount. Which wouldn't be such a big deal if he were anything other than a 1999 Hyundai Sonata. But since he is a 1999 Hyundai Sonata, it's going to cost $400 to get it replaced. Rough. But we take it in stride. I'm hoofing it a whole bunch more, and that's a win-win situation, both for me and the environment.

Plus, as of Tuesday, I'll have a very nice bike to ride around. Conveniently, that'll be just in time for the cross-training portions of my preparation for the Provo Halloween Half Marathon. I kind of surprised myself with this whole thing. I know it's not a full one, but running 13.1 miles is still a big deal (especially for someone as fitness-challenged as yours truly). My official training schedule doesn't start until July, after this whole vegan thing is done, but unofficial training started this week. I'm wicked excited.

I actually got the motivation from the marvelous people who sprung a last-minute camping trip on me. We went up to Payson Lakes and did some hiking/walking/trailrunning/generally awesome things. We swam the lakes, talked about everything and nothing, and had a blast.

Oh good people, I love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment